Nerja Weddings By Sonya....Your eyes, ears & legs in Spain!

How to......

...get married in Nerja: 

The only way for non resident foreigners to legally marry here is to marry in the Catholic church. At least one of you must be catholic and neither previously married.  If this is the case for you, then you are half way there!! (If not, please scroll further down).  Please contact me for further information on the next step but please keep in mind that all paperwork must be dated within 6 months of your wedding day. 

                      ***2013 Bookings at Nerja church are being taken as of May 2012***


Note: It is unnecessary to have a civil ceremony before coming to Nerja.  Your church certificate will be also registered in the Civil Registry office in the Nerja town hall and that is sufficient.  I will organise all of this and meet with you, after the wedding day, to present you with 2 marriage certificates - one from the church and another from the civil registry office.  These certificates will be in Spanish, if you would like to have them officially translated,  I can arrange this for you.  Your marriage will be recognised in the UK/Ireland but will not need to be registered there.

...have a blessing ceremony in Nerja:  

If you are unable to marry in the Catholic church,  then the alternative option is to have a blessing ceremony.  The blessing ceremony can be performed by a non-religious English minister in one of the venues or the local Anglican priest in one of the venues or in a catholic church "borrowed" for the ceremony.  It would be very similar to a wedding ceremony in that you can exchange rings, vows, light marriage candles, and even sign a book at the end of the ceremony, your guests wouldn´t know any different.  You would have to marry in a civil registry office in the UK/Ireland or Gibrlatar, to look after the legal side of things. Please contact me for more information on this...


Note: All of this information is correct at the time of going on line. Please double check this information with your local parish priest and the department of foreign affairs for the most up to date information.